WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Ninth Day of Christmas



On the ninth day of Christmas I gave my true loves:


The gift of Surprise




When my children were very little it was easy to surprise them on Christmas morning.  They would get a few things they asked for, but also other things they didn't know about.  As they got older it got harder for me to figure out what they might like, so I just stuck to their list.  That's when I started adding a different element of surprise to their gifts:  clues as to where to FIND their gifts.  Sometimes I'd write the clues in rhyme.  Other times they'd be given a clue to where to find the next clue and so on, until they eventually found their gifts.  Even now I will sometimes hide one of their gifts or leave it for their stockings.  You have three days to think of a way to surprise your family this Christmas.  Come back here after Christmas and tell us what you did!

This is what I did in 2003.  My boys were 24, 21, and 16.  I read them the story, then gave them their clues (click on to enlarge). . . .



.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.