WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Fourth Day of Christmas




On the fourth day of Christmas I gave my true loves:


The gift of Simple Seasonal Pleasures



There was a time I resented the intrusion of the secular celebration of Christmas on the spiritual celebration--even though I'd grown up believing in Santa.  It was a great deal of fun as a child to anticipate the presents waiting for me Christmas morning.  My little brother would always be the first to awake, though, and come get me.  Perhaps he thought Big sister would make it OK to sneak into the living room before our parents woke up because then I'd get the blame.  With fond memories such as these I continued the Santa tradition with my children even as I felt guilty doing so.

Now, I believe that all of life is spiritual if you just move the veil aside.  I believe that God can be seen in all things, if we are looking from that perspective.  There are lessons to be learned and truths to be gained by enjoying the simple pleasures in life.  Just for today take the time to enJOY whatever the season has to offer with someone you love.


.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree!! From the joy of decorating the house, to baking, to gift giving, when it is done with love, God is pleased!

    Chris W

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.