WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Monday, December 14, 2015

First Day of Christmas



On the first day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:

The gift of my Undivided Attention

This one will not come naturally or easily during these last 12 days before Christmas if you still have shopping and baking and card writing and the million and one things on your list still yet to do.  But just for today any person or animal you come in contact with, give your undivided attention to them.


.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

6 comments:

  1. Good Cathy … and hard to do in this age of multitasking. I will rise to your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. I caught my attention wandering several times today

      Delete
  2. As a teacher, I always told parents that they really didn't need to come up with expensive outings, toys or other gifts to make their kids happy - that I believed most children were just happy to have their parents' care and attention. And I still believe this. There are so many ways parents can include their kids in, say, just a normal Saturday at home. Of course this is harder to do with friends - one can't just drop in uninterrupted on a Saturday and chat away a few hours while a friend cleans out the refrigerator, for example. But a lot of people could make a start by just disconnecting a bit from their phones perhaps. Make plans to go to lunch with a friend and leave the phone in the glove box. And dedicate that time to your friend. Everything will still be waiting for you on your phone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, our "smart" phones certainly have added another layer of inattention to the people we are physically with. When I am being waited on by a clerk whose duty is to also answer the phone I am always delighted when I find one who will ask the caller to hold while they finish waiting on me. We should show the same courtesy to our friends. Perhaps if we saw our friendships as just as important as our paid jobs, we just might treat people with a little more respect.

      Delete
  3. Seems such an easy thing to do and yet my attention is wandering already, so not as easy as I thought. I will give it my upmost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a task-oriented society we don't grow up with the relational skills that would enable this to be a natural part of our personalities. Even in the Biblical account of Martha complaining to Jesus that her sister should help her serve the meal, Jesus had to remind her that Mary had chosen the better--to give her undivided attention to Him.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.