WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Fifth Day of Christmas




On the fifth day of Christmas I gave my true loves:


The gift of Tenderness


Sarah did not explain what she was thinking when she made her list of gifts so I am interpreting them from my own perspective.  When I think of giving the gift of tenderness I think:  understanding, compassion, forgiveness.  To me tenderness means making allowances for others' mistakes, inadequacies....even intentional unkindness.  It's meeting a harsh word with a kind word.  Everyone is under pressure this time of year.  Even if you are the one doing all the work, if you are stressed out about it, your loved ones are feeling it.  They may "check out" or "lash out."  Even if someone does not give you the gift of Tenderness, just for today try to give it to them.  They obviously need a great deal of it.  You can give them some of yours.


.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

6 comments:

  1. The world could certainly use more tenderness.

    Chris W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice for any time of the year, Cathy. And of course, needed now probably more than any other time.

    PS - your creche is lovely. I now have the one my paternal grandparents gave my parents for their first married Christmas and I wish I had some barnyard animals to go along with it like you have here. I think I'm going to make that a little mini-project for 2016 - find some sheep, goats, maybe a cow for the creche. 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and timely words to take to heart. The creche is charming and I love the crocheted cloth you've set it on - is that an heirloom piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Take Joy Society, Diane. I visited your web journal and see why you are interested in the crocheted cloth. I can't remember how I came across that piece. I love crocheted pieces and pick them up at yard sales often where I can find them at bargain prices, so this is where this piece probably came from. I have a few pieces my grandmother did, which unfortunately, have become intermingled with the rest so I have no idea now which pieces were hers. I do not do needlework myself, but I appreciate the work and ability that goes into it.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.