WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Saturday, June 14, 2025

Amazing Tablescapes 2025


This week four members of the Take Joy Society, Carol, Cindy, Chris, and Cathy, went out to lunch at Brooke's House cafe before attending this year's Amazing Tablescapes at the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts.  A new Curator came on board since last year's Tablescapes, changed the date, and gave it a theme.  Several people who had signed up to contribute to this year's table designs had already started their project.  Cindy was one of them (#8), but you will see it is as clever as always.  The Museum is featuring a collection of photos of Frida Kahlo in conjunction with Tablescapes.





 

























Cindy with her Alice's Adventure in Wonderland creation. . .
























They also had a corner where you could have someone take a photo of you with an item associated with Frida.



.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!
❧Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Comment by Georgia Renck on September 15, 2026: Hello- what a fun luncheon! Loving all the amazing and creative tables.
    I chose your most recent post to leave a comment so I hope you will see it. Thank you so much for the incredible set of photographable and dialogue you shared of the 2011 Tasha Tudor exhibit at The Historic Houses of Odessa.
    I was a behind the scenes “mouse” for that holiday exhibit and had dropped off a proposal for honoring Tasha with those who make such decisions earlier in the year. I was thrilled when they decided to use her as the inspiration.
    Thanks to that exhibition, I’ve gotten to know so many very special people who also appreciate Tasha, her way of life and her artwork. And, it was because of that upcoming event at Odessa that I can now call Bethany Tudor a sweet friend.
    I’m biased, but I think we should consider seeing if Tasha might could come back as our inspiration in the near future. I don’t think anyone could ever tire of her world.

    Take care-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia, I am so grateful you suggested featuring Tasha! It was a delightful experience and so well done. We have been back twice more to view Odessa's Christmas exhibit---Louisa Mae Alcott and Jane Austen--but see they are not doing one this year. And how special that Bethany Tudor is now a friend. I have made two visits to Corgi Cottage and posted about them on my Morning Musings blog which you can find the link to in my Profile.. I was drawn to Tasha by her lifestyle and "courage" to live her life the way she wanted to regardless of others' opinion. I fell in love with her earliest illustrations and collected all of her books and several about her. I agree that people are in need, especially right now, of finding inspiration in the way she lived her life and her tenacity in making it happen.❤️

      Delete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.