WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Take Joy Society Fifth Anniversary

The anniversary of Tasha Tudor's 105th birthday is next week on the 28th.  It's gotten me to thinking about the beginning of the Take Joy Society which began as the Maryland Chapter of the Tasha Tudor Museum Society six years ago.  The Museum sent out emails to its followers about the various celebrations the Chapters were holding.  This is how I came to meet these lovely ladies, some of whom continued on with the Take Joy Society.....

You can read about our celebration HERE.  

At our November Gathering we made gingerbread ornaments and dried fruit garlands.....


Our December Gathering was held at a tea room where we exchanged handmade gifts...

Our January Gathering was a potluck to celebrate Twelfth Night like Tasha did.  Afterwards we played charades....

February's Gathering was all about Valentines.  We made Sparrow Post boxes....

Our March Gathering was in a nearby State Park to watch a Maple Syrup demonstration....

April's Gathering we made wool rabbits....

At May's Gathering we learned to needle felt flowers and animals....

July's Gathering we made garlic braids....

At our August Gathering we celebrated the 100th anniversary of Tasha's birth with an homage to Becky's birthday cake bloating down the river....

....and became the Take Joy Society!  You can look back through the Archives to see some of the amazing things we've done together.  I'm looking forward to resuming our get-togethers once this pandemic has ended.


🎈HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY

         TAKE JOY SOCIETY! 🎈




2 comments:

  1. OH this is just what I needed to see today.. this creative love Tasha had for everything she did. I too did a lot in my life because of her.. I got my three rescue Corgis Tasha Tippi and Billie.. all wonderful companions for years at the resort... I ordered Daffodil Bulbs from the same place she got here and planted them all around our beautiful garage dad loved and I painted in.... then I planted fairy plants all of them.. in circles in the yard... and we all went out at FULL HUNTErS MOON , Walter, and Erick and I and the Corgis and danced with the fairies... it was beautiful... Thank you for reminding me of some of what makes my heart sinc. Blessings , Merri PS and this is how I found YOU along with St Francis posts .. I remember all these meetings you had .. so beautiful and filling the heart space with LOVE.. Merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasha has inspired so many of us by her creative spirit and willingness to be who she was, not what society thought she should be.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.