WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Berkeley Springs Get-Together - March 2018

George Washington bathed here!  But that is not why the Take Joy Society visited Berkeley Springs, West Virginia today. . . .



We met at Cindy's house then rode through the countryside part of the way. . . .

Our first stop was Youngblood's, an antique and Amish furniture outlet. . . .


If you are looking for a LARGE chair, this is the place to find it. . . .


Then we went into town to browse the shops until the Icehouse--the local artist gallery--was due to open--so we thought.  Apparently, their website had not been updated with its winter hours.  So we browsed the few more shops that were open.  I purchased a needle-felted heart from Guatemala at the Itty Bitty Global Gift Shop. . . .

We found the Old Town Flea Market was open and filled with lots to look at and a few things were purchased. . . .

We were hungry by the time lunch time arrived. . . .




We enjoyed our food and conversation.  Cindy showed us photos from the Philadelphia Flower Show and we discussed upcoming get-togethers. We are all eager to get out into the garden so are hoping to visit plant nurseries and/or gardens the next time we get together.

❤️Take Joy❤️


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely post. I always feel like I am a traveling woman when I see your beautiful posts. Love the shops and esp that little felted dove. Ia m going to try needle felting soon. Have some yarn coming from my friend in Washington State at Bless Ewe SHeep company If you can buy some yarn from her it will help her feed her sheep. She is alone and does all of them by herself...and is going through a rough patch. Yarn is AMAZING.... hit her up and take a look............right here the temp is zero..with a foot of new snow..did warm today to twenty five......melted some. Your green grass is glorious. Those sandwichces looked good too...love to you all and thank you for sharing your beautiful life with me Merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Merri. Needle felting is pretty easy once you learn to keep your fingers out of the way so you don't stab them. The wind today made our outing rather cold at times but at least it wasn't zero! Hope it warms up soon there.

      Delete
  2. Another wonderful virtual field trip with the Tasha Tudor ladies! You guys have so much fun. I was salivating over that Amish furniture place - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amish furniture. Every stick of furniture in my apartment is Amish-made except my dining room table [which I bought before I knew there was an Amish furniture place 4 miles away from my parents' house]. It's all fruitwood oak & Shaker-style and I just love it. So beautifully-made. They take such care in every aspect of furniture-building. And not for nothing, but the prices were so much better than anywhere else I shopped. It was a win-win proposition. Premium-quality at bargain prices. Could not resist. My bed, nightstands, armoire, end tables, coffee table, sideboard & media unit are all Amish-made. Gorgeous. Highly recommend it to anyone who's lucky enough to have an Amish furniture place nearby. Do you girls ever buy anything at these terrific shops you visit? Would love to see some of your "stashes" if you do. Well, hope you, the family & everyone in MD are doing well. Peace. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always, to answer your question--someone always buys something! I got the needle-felted heart plus a Thomas the Tank Engine coverall at the Flea Market for one of my grandsons. Someone else bought peach jam, and another bought 2 old wind-up alarm clocks for the welded sculptures she makes. I still have a hutch that Mennonites made in the 1970s.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you girls had a nice day out together. I'm with you all, I want to work in the garden. We've had a few teasing days that have taken me outside to play, but now it's cold again. Spring just doesn't come soon enough for me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same up this way. Spent some time picking up sticks from last week's windstorm and came in sooner than I wanted because I was freezing!

      Delete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.