WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Repose of the Soul

"We have all met her, that special woman who draws you into her orb with a radiant smile.  Her eyes light up as you tell her how you've been.  She attracts men, women, children, and animals, for her complete attention is soothing and hypnotic.  When you walk away from her you feel as if you have been bathed in a beautiful warm light."   --Sarah Ban Breathnach, "Simple Abundance"

When I read Sarah's description of the type of woman that makes you feel "bathed in a beautiful warm light" I immediately thought of Susan Branch.  I took this photo at a book signing in 2014 as the couple in front of me were getting their book signed by Susan.  As you can see, Susan had a big smile on her face.  I was the last in line and she'd been signing for over an hour!  When it was my turn she rose up out of her chair and hugged me when I told her my name because she recognized it from all the comments I've made on her web journal over the years. . . .

Bringing joy to her readers is one of Susan's hallmarks.  She has been someone I've aspired to be like, besides wanting to draw and paint as she does.  I practice my handwriting in hopes one day it will suddenly look like hers, but practicing her warmth does not come easily to me.   She does not profess to be an outgoing person, yet she gives you her full attention and makes you feel special while you are in her "orb."  So I was glad to read further in Sarah Ban Breathnach's "Simple Abundance" how I might acquire this ability. . . .
Sarah reminds me that if I will take the time to "step outside my own sphere to embrace others, [I] open [myself] up to the power of Spirit. "  She says, "We are suddenly lit up from inside, and this illumination can transform our looks more effectively than any fancy salon beauty makeover."  This, indeed, is repose of the soul.


P.S.  If you want to print out Sarah's quote with Susan's artwork, drag it to your computer desktop.

.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    Isn't so fun to meet people who we are fond of and are sweet and dear?!!
    Perhaps some day I shall get to meet you!! :-)
    Sending love and warmth , Linnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some day perhaps I shall get to meet you❣️

      Delete
  2. Susan Branch is just one of those women that exude love in her writing and her beautiful artwork. It's because of her, I "met" you, dear Cathy. Her amazing spirit is far reaching. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have many lovely people like you in my life because of her. 😊

      Delete
  3. Cathy, I think you are more like Susan Branch than you realize. You numerous blogs & your insight on verses and/or biblical works has brought me comfort, peace and self realization. You truly are a blessing to me and I am sure others. Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy, but I don't feel I am so much in person! This is where I'd like to improve.

      Delete
  4. Hi Cathy, Susan Branch has definitely brought a community of kindred spirits together. She is real and she is genuine. I have friends all over the country and in England that I now know because of her. She has made each one of us a better person. This has been a lovely post today and I hope Susan sees it!!!
    Chris W

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.