WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Celebrations


The First Day of each month is devoted to all things Tasha Tudor.  Each month's illustration is from The New England Butt'ry Shelf Almanac that she illustrated for Mary Mason Campbell.  The Almanac contains stories, poems, information on fauna and flora, and recipes.  Here is a recipe for Cranberry-Apple Crisp. . . .

Tasha's book, A Time to Keep, celebrates the year through seasonal activities each month.  "September is fair month," she says, and illustrates four pages of her Dolls' Fair. . . .
Click on photos to enlarge
The Take Peace group on Facebook recently toured Corgi Cottage and held their own Dolls' Fair afterwards.  You can read about it on Linnie Nolan's Web Journal The Butt'ry and Book'ry.

Tasha also wrote about fairs in her books, The County Fair and Corgiville Fair.  Tasha loved farming and animals and would attend the nearby Danbury, CT Fair when she was a teenager.  Her homemade oatmeal bread won 1st prize one year. . . .
The fact that Tasha held each season in reverence and ordered her life around them is one of the reasons I love Tasha Tudor.  Each month of each season was celebrated in some way even when there was not an official holiday.

Maria Berg, an artist in Germany, found me on the Web through my postings on Morning Musings about Tasha and sent me her watercolor of Tasha with her reason for loving Tasha Tudor which she was happy to share.  I've posted a link to her Web Journal HERE because it embodies the Take Joy philosophy.  If you sign-up for her e-mails at her site, you will receive her encouraging posts about living a joyful life.  Thank you, Maria! . . . .


If you have a story to tell or a drawing you've done of Tasha and her world and would like to share it here, e-mail it to me and I will include it in next month's post.  You can find my e-mail on my Profile page.

.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

16 comments:

  1. It's looking lovely here, Cathy. Thank you for introducing us to Maria Berg. I love what she wrote about living life to the fullest. We must not waste a minute. Her painting of Tasha Tudor is lovely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her writings and watercolors. Isn't the Internet wonderful for bringing kindred spirits together?!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cathy~how lovely the lady's watercolor is! Delightful post:-)
    Take Peace,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. I agree. Maria's watercolors are lovely.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sweet Cathy! :-)
    I am enjoying the lovely music on the side here ;-)
    thanks for including the tour and Doll's Fair! I truley wish you were there with us!
    many Blessings, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linnie. It sure did look you all had a grand time!

      Delete
  4. Thank you once again, Cathy, for yet another uplifting post ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely new blog, Cathy. It was a nice way to start my day.

    Chris in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know, Chris. As long as it's helpful, I'll keep doing it.

      Delete
  6. I love your post here, Cathy! Must run over now and check out Maria's blog. That painting and thoughts on Tasha were just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Cathy ~~~ this is wonderful!
    I am so grateful that Linnie shared her visit with us in her web journal. It is a really enjoyable read, and I am so grateful to you for all you share here too. Thank you.
    I cannot tell you how much joy is brought to my life since finding so many kindreds on line.
    For the longest time, I had a photograph of Tasha Tudor that must have been the inspiration for the painting Maria Berg's paining as my screen saver. It's a small world! ~~~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it brings me Joy that you are finding even more Joy through this web journal! ❤️

      Delete
  8. Dear Cathy,
    What a wonderful gift you have created here! What a wealth of joyful moments!
    First of all, Scarborough Fair is one of my favorite songs ever - thank you so much for the reminder.
    Then, thank you for dedicating this day to Tasha Tudor - she is and will always be a precious source of inspiration to me.
    Strangely enough, I had in my mind to look up an Apple-Crisp receipe on the internet these days and... here it is :)
    Thank you also for giving me the opportunity to peek into Tasha's book, A Time To Keep, and to admire her delightful illustrations.

    And thank you also for sharing my post and thus giving me the opportunity to bring joy to so many of your lovely lady friends, who found such kind words of appreciation. I am very grateful and delighted to be a part of this shared Joy!

    Love and blessings to you all!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I´m so very glad to be here doing this and having you a part of it.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.