WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Seventh Day of Christmas



On the seventh day of Christmas I gave my true loves:

The gift of Beauty


We've only had snow on a couple Christmases here in Maryland.  So when we do, like we did on Christmas Eve 2012, it is even more beautiful than the snow we have later in the winter.  While you can't make it snow, just for today make a point of bringing something of beauty to someone's attention.  It may be the sunrise or sunset, a bird in a tree, a particularly delightful window display.  And there are always Christmas lights to admire in your community.  Why not make an evening of driving, or better yet, walking through a neighborhood or downtown with someone you love.


.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

4 comments:

  1. Gee, it's the rare Christmas when we DON'T have snow here in Rochester. But then we have the Lake, which obligingly provides plenty of snow most of the Winter. Nothing yet this year though. I think we're seeing the effects of global warming and El Nino at the same time. Your topic today gave me an idea, Cath. A couple of years ago I took my niece and nephew on a ride to look at Christmas lights on New Year's Eve. Very spur of the moment - and we had the best time. I think it was New Year's Eve - we went out about 9 pm. Got Starbucks hot chocolate and saw some of the most beautiful displays ever. I think I'm going to ask them if they want to go again this year. We really did have the best time and have talked about some of the houses we saw on other occasions since then. The whole family usually goes to dinner one night between Christmas and New Year's and then we ALL go to look at lights - but sometimes we've done this extra trip ourselves too. Every time we do we find a new street with some really gorgeous displays too. ⭐️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted to hear this, Janet! It sounds like lots of fun and helps to extend the holiday--plus, being after Christmas everyone is probably a little more relaxed (at least the women are, that is) ☺︎

      Delete
  2. My fondest childhood memory is of my mom and dad pulling my sister and I on a sled all the way downtown to look at store window displays. All the streets covered in white. I am sure we didn't always have snow on Christmas, but if we didn't I sure don't remember it that way!
    Chris W

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.