WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Eighth Day of Christmas


On the eighth day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:

The gift of Communication




Hopefully, you've already sent out your Christmas cards by now, if that is your tradition.  I've always sent cards, but it's only been in recent years that I've tried to personalize them.  Newsletters have gotten a bad rap in my opinion.  Yes, they can become a form of "gloating" about our good fortunes.  But we all know there is always more to the story that isn't being shared because who wants to share the not-so-good news at Christmas.  So instead, I see them as a way to keep in touch with the folks who are not a regular part of my life.  I LOVE receiving others' news about their families, so I thought maybe others would like to hear what we've been up to as well.  Some years I even add a poem or a story just to personalize it a little bit more.  Just for today, even though your cards may already be in the mail by now, take a moment to share what's going on in your life with the people you come in contact with.  By sharing first, maybe they'll share with you when you ask, "So how's it going with you?"


.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.